To pursue and implement the long-term sustainability and resiliency of the arts and cultural community, and its place in the natural, built and human environment of Orange County.
- Our arts and cultural community is well-established and thriving.
- Assess the status of hiring and compensation practices for area arts and cultural workers and make recommendations.
- Dedicate at least __% of the value of cultural venues to renovate, repair, and build venues of cultural facilities annually.
- Support an arts incubator fund/program to support the growth of culturally diverse and emerging arts and cultural efforts.
- Cultural events and venues are well-attended.
- Invest in making cultural centers accessible to locals and tourists, providing public transit options and diversity of uses.
- Increase tourist awareness by promoting arts and cultural offerings to hospitality industry and transit providers.
- Create a unified, centralized marketing campaign for arts organizations.
- Our cultural reputation is highly regarded locally, nationally and internationally.
- Host large-scale, blockbuster events.
- Support noteworthy public art that define Central Florida communities.
- Build architecturally significant cultural venues and government buildings.
- Arts and cultural education is excellent and accessible.
- Recognize arts and culture as an essential component of curriculum.
- Attract top-tier arts educators.
- Expose students to professional-level arts, in school and off campus.
- The arts and culture support environmental sustainability.
- Use artistic solutions to bring awareness to environmental issues, leading to solutions.
- Promote and educate for the preservation of historically and culturally significant structures and places.
- Develop best practices for the arts and cultural community to use sustainable approaches for facilities and events.
- Encourage and foster new works, organizations and innovation in the arts.
- Bring equity in funding and attention to diverse cultural offerings.
- Support arts and cultural collaborations and mentorships.
- Develop strong relationships with partner organizations like United Arts and the City of Orlando.
Miembros del Comité:
Theo Webster, Chair
Katie De Bari